Broadway grew up in Marne, Michigan, a small town surrounded by farms. Perhaps it was the smell of cow manure that made him the eccentric character he is today.
Broadway’s introduction to Country music came through the 90’s hit, Boot Scootin' Boogie. He says, "I played the Boot Scootin' Boogie cassette single so many times that mom threw it away and said it was an accident."
He is a huge advocate for the American Cancer Society. His mother passed away from Lung cancer in 2008, and father has battled three different types of cancer.
When not in the studio, Broadway enjoys cartoons, Squidbillies on Adult Swim is his favorite. He also enjoys Stephen King books and spending time with his family consisting of his wife, two kids and dog.
On December 8th I (Erica Lafferty) will be jumping off of a dock at Lake Compounce into a freezing cold lake along with Jillian and Carlee Soto and a ton of other amazing and equally brave individuals. We have all been working tirelessly to find sponsors for this event to make it as big and successful as possible! Not only is the Plunge for Sandy Hook an opportunity to raise money for a great cause, it is a chance the my family and the Soto family to be around our wonderful and supportive community members. The support that we have seen from people all over the state and all over the world has meant everything to us!
So, if you're feeling brave and would like to plunge - sign up! If you're feeling generous and want to sponsor - do it! If you just want to come out and laugh at us ... that is totally fine too! Regardless, I hope to see you all there!
The Plunge for Sandy Hook is a fundraiser to benefit the My Sandy Hook Family Fund. All proceeds from this event will be given to the 26 families who lost loved ones on 12/14/12.
1. Go to the event page: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/plunge-for-sandy-hook-tickets-9135672041?aff=efbevent
2. Add in the dollar amount you want to donate, it can be as little as one dollar.
3. Click "Order Now"
4. Fill in the ticket buyer, payment, and billing information
5. For Ticket #1 - Donation: Select "Team Chocolate Mingo", fill in your name and email
6. Other Information: enter your age and whether or not you will be attending the event
7. It asks if there is a specific person you want to donate to - enter: ERICA SMEGIELSKI TO JOIN TEAM CHOCOLATE MINGO - Follow the same instructions, just enter your name in the last field instead of mine!
Record people and bloggers voiced their thoughts on this for an article I did back in May.
Since then, I've caught up with a couple artists who decided to share their view as well.
"Better I Don't" singer Chris Janson
Big Kenny of the CMA nominated duo Big & Rich (Skip to 1:08 mark)
While neither artist gave a direct 'yes,' theirs answers came off as almost too PC. I think it's safe to say they wouldn't care either way, gay or straight.